UK Telemedicine Market Outlook to 2022 by Services, Technology Platform and Clinical Applications – Demand for Telemedicine in the UK is Expected to Grow at a Rapid Pace During 2021-2022
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, Nov 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ —
The “UK Telemedicine Market Outlook to 2022 – by Services, by Technology Platform, by Clinical Applications” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Telemedicine market in UK is at its growing stage.
A number of Telemedicine devices are emerging such as blood pressure monitoring, weight management machines, interactive stethoscope, ENT otoscope and general examination camera. Increasing government funding and grants for telemedicine, consistent need for improved healthcare quality services and increasing number of smart phone users has boosted the telemedicine market.
Telemedicine technology has been expanding with integrated home-healthcare connected at telemedicine platforms. In 2017, the UK’s NHS launched a new service where patients can speak to a physician through their mobile devices via video call or text. The service called GP At Hand is available countrywide and as is the case with most NHS services, is free at the point of delivery.
By Service and Technology Platform
In 2017, service platform has dominated the UK telemedicine market. Services has higher market share. Technology involves onetime cost and services upgrade from time to time. Moreover, a person will at least consult a GP, doctor or a nurse twice for a particular disease. The technology platform consists of software, hardware and telecom out of which software has dominated the market.
By Type of Service Platform
In 2017, Tele home and M-health services has dominated the UK Telemedicine market followed by Tele hospital. Aging population, increase in diabetic and cancer patients, less number of clinics, growing need for remote patient monitoring services, ease in consultation process and less consultation fee in comparison to hospital visit are the main growth drivers which have propelled the growth of Tele home and M-Health services.
By Type of Technology Platform
In 2017, software services have contributed the highest share in terms of revenue in UK telemedicine market. The software leads in the market because software requires up gradation with time in order to add more features and for fixing up the bugs. This adds cost to software maintenance. The hardware services hold the second highest share followed by telecom having share contribution in 2017.
Telemedicine hardware is used to render healthcare services from a distance or remote locations. With the increase in the demand of digital health platform, the demand for telemedicine hardware is also increasing.
By Clinical Applications
In 2017, Tele cancer services have dominated the market in terms of domestic revenue. Tele cancer services dominate because of the rising number of cancer cases in the country. In 2017, the Tele Radiology contributed the second highest share followed by Tele Pathology, Tele Neurology, Tele Psychology services. Others services include dermatology, epidemiology, prescription counseling, surgical applications, cardiology and dentistry has contributed the least share in UK Telemedicine market in 2017.
By Delivery Mode
In 2017, cloud base delivery mode has dominated the market followed by web based services. In cloud based the telemedicine company uploads the patient’s documents, prescriptions and X-rays on the cloud server from where doctors can access the documents any time they want through their personal device. The web based services are less expensive in comparison to cloud based services as in web based just LAN connection is required and low storage hard drives.
UK Tele Medicine market is highly concentrated with the presence of around 40-45 players in the market. The entry barriers are high for a company entering into the Tele Medicine market. The set up cost of Tele Medicine business is also very high as it requires latest technology equipments with most modern services for providing best results and consultation to the patient either through video or audio system.
The leading companies in UK Telemedicine market are Immedicare, Medio.Link, Babylon Health, Push Doctor, Tele Medicine Clinic, Medio.Link, Doctor Care Anywhere, Toothpick, Home Touch, Zesty, Skin Analytics, Capture Proof, Tunstall, Tynetec Ltd., Just Checking, Tele Support and others.
Telemedicine players are concentrated on improving their technology offerings in terms of hardware, network and software (i.e., enabling technologies), experience in the market, services offered, cost of services, range of medical applications offered and others.
Healthcare companies are evaluating the return on investment (ROI) and clinical consequences of the telemedicine technology. Some of the leading telehealth companies are Care Innovation, Doro Care, Living Safely, Tele health Solutions, Appello, Tec Angel, Tunstall and Tynetec.
Future Outlook to UK Telemedicine Market
UK Telemedicine market is expected to increase at a double digit CAGR in between the year 2018 and 2022 in terms of revenue due to the increasing number of aging population, growing number of smart phone users and rising healthcare cost. The demand for telemedicine in UK is expected to grow at a rapid pace from 2021 to 2022.
The growth will be driven by the increasing emphasis of healthcare information technology (HIT) players, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and continual investments from both public and private sectors. Since radiology has proven to be such an effective field for outsourcing via telemedicine, many hospitals will be looking at the possibility of splitting off many other specializations. Psychiatry, neurology, and many other disciplines are ripe for decentralization employing Tele health practices.
- Babylon Health
- Push Doctor
- Tele Medicine Clinic
- Doctor Care Anywhere
- Home Touch
- Skin Analytics
- Capture Proof
- Now Healthcare
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Market Segmentation
- Competitive Landscape
- Future Analysis and Projections
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Market Definitions
2.3. Market Sizing and Modeling
- Approach- Market Sizing
- Variables Dependent and Independent
- Multifactor Based Sensitivity Model
- Final Conclusion
3. UK Telemedicine Market Overview and Genesis
3.1. Digital Health in the UK
3.2. Tele Health
4. Value Chain Analysis in UK Telemedicine Market
5. UK Telemedicine Market Size By Revenue, 2012-2017
6. UK Telemedicine Market Segmentation
6.1. By Services and Technology, 2012-2017
6.2. By Type of Service Platform (Tele Home & M-Health And Tele Hospitals), 2012-2017
6.3. By Type of Technology Platform (Software and Hardware), 2012-2017
6.4. By Clinical Applications (Tele Cancer Services, Tele Radiology, Tele Pathology, Tele Neurology, Tele Psychology and Others), 2012-2017
6.5. By Delivery Mode (Cloud Based and Web Based), 2017
7. Issues and Challenges in UK telemedicine Market
- Synchronising of data with NHS
- Data Security and Less Availability of Medical Information
- Access to Patient long term Medical record
- Lack of Sustainable Business Model
- Lack of Physician Support
- Less Adoption Rate
8. Trends and Developments in UK Telemedicine Market
- Introduction of Modern Medicine Literature
- Collaboration Between companies
- Rise in Artificial Intelligence
- Developments of New Technology Hardware and Software
- New Entrants iN Tele Health Care
- Applying the evidence of impact of the Veterans Health Administration to the NHS in England
9. Case Study On a Successful Telemedicine Service Provider
10. Case Study On a Successful Telemedicine Service Provider
11. Government Regulations in UK Telemedicine Market and Initiative Taken By Government
- Regulatory Framework
- Regulations of Individual Doctors Who provide Telemedicine Services
- Cross Jurisdiction issues in telemedicine
- Framework for Telemedicne Regulation Set by General Pharmaceutical Council
- Reimbursement system
- NHS Role
- CE Marking Certification For Medical devices
- Licensing and Qualification for Doctors
- Patient’s Rights in Cross -Border Telemedicine
- Other Licenses required
12. PEST Analysis of UK Telemedicine Market
13. Competitive Landscape of Major Players in UK Tele Medicines Market (Immedicare, Babylon and Push Doctor)
13.1. Competitive Analysis
13.2. Competition Scenario for UK Telemedicine Market
14. Company Profiling of Major Players in UK Telemedicine Services Market
14.2. Babylon Health
14.3. Push Doctor
14.4. Tele Medicine Clinic
14.5. Doctor Care Anywhere
14.7. Home Touch
14.9. Skin Analytics
14.10. Capture Proof
14.12. Now Healthcare
15. Company Profile for Telemedicine Software Companies
16. Company Profile for Telemedicine Hardware Companies
17. UK Telemedicine Market Future Outlook and Projections, 2018-2022
- By Type of Service Platform (Tele Home & M-health and Tele Hospitals)
- By Clinical Applicaton (Tele Cancer Services, Tele radiology, Tele Pathology, Tele Neurology, Tele Psychology and Others), 2018-2022
- By Service and Technology, 2018-2022
- By Technology Platform (Software, Hardware and Telecom), 2018-2022
- Case Examples of Leading Business Models in Telemedicine Globally
19. Macroeconomics Indicators in UK Telemedicine Market
19.1. Health Spending Per Head, 2012-2022
19.2. Number of Hospitals in UK, 2012-2022
19.3. Government or Social Health Insurance Coverage, 2012-2022
19.4. Number of Malignant Neoplasm Incidences, 2012-2022
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c2m65m/uk_telemedicine?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/uk-telemedicine-market-outlook-to-2022-by-services-technology-platform-and-clinical-applications—demand-for-telemedicine-in-the-uk-is-expected-to-grow-at-a-rapid-pace-during-2021-2022-300747541.html
©2017 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.