Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact [email protected]
SOURCE Magneti Marelli SpA
DETROIT and MILAN, November 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ —
- Smart Corner integrates camera, radar and LiDAR within vehicle headlamps and tail lamps
- Award-winning innovation maintains styling and world-class lighting performance
- High-tech solutions that increase communication and improve safety will be on display at CES 2019
Magneti Marelli has been named a CES® 2019 Innovation Awards Honoree for its Smart Corner which integrates sensors for autonomous driving within vehicle headlamps and tail lamps, while maintaining attractive styling and world-class lighting performance. The announcement was made on Nov. 8 during CES Unveiled New York, a tech event that provides a sneak peek of the products and trends expected at CES 2019 in Las Vegas.
Magneti Marelli’s Smart Corner, along with the company’s other high-tech solutions that increase communication and improve safety, will also be showcased at CES Unveiled, Jan. 6, at Mandalay Bay, and at its exhibit at the Wynn Hotel, Latour Ballrooms 5-7, Jan. 8-10.
Smart Corner provides a flexible platform to incorporate sensing technology required by the OEM, and is designed to meet all sensor functions to enable Level 1-5 autonomous driving. Smart Corner minimizes the requirement for separate packaging, wire routing, connectors, and projections on the exterior of the vehicle, saving OEMs money and weight.
“This prestigious recognition of Smart Corner is evidence of our ongoing innovation to support the future of mobility,” said Ermanno Ferrari, CEO of Magneti Marelli. “The possibilities with Smart Corner are very intriguing, as it promotes the development and seamless integration of additional autonomous functionality while improving communication and increasing safety.”
The annual CES Innovation Awards program celebrates outstanding design, recognizing honorees across 28 product categories. A panel of judges, including designers, engineers and members of the tech media, reviews submissions based on design, functionality, consumer appeal, engineering and how the products compare with competition.
Sense What‘s Coming, We‘re Closer Than You Think
At CES 2019, Magneti Marelli will highlight its smart, streamlined, and highly integrated lighting and electronics solutions focused on autonomous driving and connectivity. Its technology improves communication between the vehicle, its occupants and the surrounding environment, increasing safety. The company enables global automakers to Sense What’s Coming.
In addition to its third generation Smart Corner, Magneti Marelli will display the following innovations at CES 2019:
- Digital light processing (DLP) technology – using light as a perception and communication tool through a live demonstration
- Adaptive driving beam (ADB) solutions that increase visibility for a safer, more comfortable drive
- Seamless integration of displays (cluster, HUD, center stack, passenger) and surfaces with varying characteristics (curved, AMOLED, touch/non-touch)
- New human machine interface (HMI) technology including gesture recognition, driver monitoring and voice interaction
- Connected technologies including integrated digital displays in the front grille and rear applique of a test vehicle, autonomous signaling, light fidelity (LiFi), an interactive virtual assistant, audible external alerts, and positional advertising leveraging V2X
Magneti Marelli designs and produces advanced systems and components for the automotive industry. With 85 production units, 15 R&D centers in 20 countries, approximately 44,000 employees and a turnover of 8.2.billion Euro in 2017, the group supplies all the major carmakers in Europe, North and South America and the Asia Pacific region. The business areas include Electronic Systems, Lighting, Powertrain, Suspension and Shock Absorbing Systems, Exhaust Systems, Aftermarket Parts & Services, Plastic Components and Modules, Motorsport. Magneti Marelli is part of FCA.
Milan-Auburn Hills, November 9, 2018
Follow Magneti Marelli on:
Company Website: www.magnetimarelli.com
WeChat: QR on www.magnetimarelli.com.cn
©2017 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.