Would-be suicide bomber says she’s one of the missing Chibok girl

Nigerian authorities are investigating a statement by a would-be suicide bomber who said she is one of 219 missing schoolgirls kidnapped by the militant group Boko Haram in 2014.

According to UPI, The girl, who said she is 15, was arrested Friday night after military forces in northern Cameroon stopped her from detonating a bomb strapped to her body. The Nigerian government was sending parents to Cameroon on Sunday to identify the girl. Nigerian officials said there is some doubt about the what the girl said.

“It has been confirmed that one of two girls is claiming to be among the girls stolen from Chibok on April 14, last year,” President Muhammadu Buhari‘s office said.

In 2014, Boko Haram abducted some 270 girls from a school in Chibok in northeastern Nigeria. About 50 escaped but the remaining girls are still missing. The kidnappings launched an international #bringbackourgirls campaign on social media.

,

About Edwards Dami

Mr. Dami as he is normally called is currently majoring in Physics, and also an editor here on this news platform. He finds writing business news, science and tech as an hobby which he thrives at. Follow to get more of published content by him.
View all posts by Edwards Dami →